We hate to admit it, but the end of summer is drawing near as the city prepares for Labor Day celebrations this extended weekend.
In between picnics, taking part in an epic mash-up of musical talent on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway during the Made in America Music Festival and rocking out with The Boss at the home of the Phillies, check out our roundup of events to enjoy the last few days of the warm-weather season.
Happy holiday weekend!
• Longwood Gardens: The lush, magical gardens spark up the night with another installment of their Fireworks & Fountains series, Saturday September 1, happily overlapping with the continuation of the spectacular LIGHT exhibition. Tickets can be purchased to see Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake pair with splashes of light and dancing waterworks beginning at 8:15 p.m.
• Chaddsford Winery: The Chester County destination celebrates the end of summer with a series of live musical performances, Saturday – Monday, while you sip wine and picnic outdoors. Tastings are just $10 and the complete line-up can be viewed here.
• Varga Bar: The 10th and Spruce corner resto and bar extends weekend celebrations with an outdoor picnic serving up grilled dishes and beer specials, Monday, September 3. It’s a block party that’s not to be missed.
• Cake and the Beanstalk: The Midtown Village cafe offers up their services to folks looking to add a touch of sweetness to their long weekend. Orders of Key Lime Pie with Ginger Snap Crust, Oreo Blondies and Chocolate Chip Cookies can be placed for your party needs. And come Monday, enjoy $1 off any Mocha beverage from 5-8 p.m.
• Morgan’s Pier: Have a Sunday fun day outdoors at Morgan’s Pier and enjoy a bevvy of local brews and delicious bites. Be sure to hit up Morgan’s Pier Sundae Dance Party featuring DJs klenny Dope, Lee Jones and Dirty or add some island spice to your Monday with reggae and Jamaican soul tunes taking over the evening beginning at 9 p.m.
• Your Own Kitchen: Even though it’s still hot outside, with an extra day and some free time on your hands, cook up one of our favorite summer recipes like Charcoal’s Crispy Halibut, Supper’s Baby Tomato Salad or Pumpkin’s Cucumber Gazpacho. You really can’t go wrong.
And, if you’re in the mood for a picnic, be sure to check out our guide to picnicking in the city.
Uwishunu has caught a case of Oscar Fever. With all the buzz around Silver Linings Playbook and its eight oscar nominations this...
Teuscher Chocolates, whose Philly outpost is one of only ten in the U.S., has been declared the Best Chocolate in the World...
The post Teuscher Chocolates Of Switzerland Declared Best Chocolate In The World By National Geographic appeared first on Uwishunu - Philadelphia Blog About Things to Do, Events, Restaurants, Food, Nightlife and More.
There’s a chill in the air, which means that the holidays are upon us. That, in turn, means that it’s time to...