To all the procrastinators out there, Philly Homegrown (and our friends at uwishunu) are here to help! Last week we gave you our list of local edible gifts perfect for the foodie in your life, this week, we thought we’d throw the last minute shoppers out there a bone with a few gift ideas you can pick up on the fly.
• Pennsylvania General Store’s Philly-centric food packages: Located in Reading Terminal, the Pennsylvania General Store sells quintessential Philadelphia goods that are perfectly packaged for homesick City of Brotherly Love expats. Items of particular note include Chocolate Scrapple, a Pennsylvania Dutch pretzels with mustard pack and more.
• The Pitruco Pizza Truck has made a quick name for itself since launching at the Chinatown Night Market this past October. They churn out deliciously crispy Neapolitan style pies out of their mobile wood-fired brick oven. Pitruco can be found regularly at Love Park or follow them on Twitter to learn their pizza of the day and location. Pick up a gift card at the truck for the pizza lover in your life and we promise, they’ll thank you!
• Fonte’s is a South Philadelphia mainstay. A gift certificate from here would thrill any local foodie. They carry a variety of kitchen gadgets and equipment – everything from sheet pans to canning kits. Gift certificates are available from $5 – $500 and can even be ordered online and shipped directly to the recipient.
• Garces Restaurant Group Gift Cards: A perfect gift for any hungry Philadelphian, gift cards are available in any amount, and can be purchased online or in any Garces restaurant. Best of all, for every $250 you spend, you’ll receive a $25 gift card as a bonus (to keep or give).
• Starr Restaurant Organization Gift Cards: What’s better than a gift card the giftee can spend at any of 20 restaurants? (And that’s just in Philadelphia.) For every $500 spent, get $50. With every additional $250 spent, get another $50 in gift card form. You can purchase online or at any Starr resto.
• 13th Street Restaurant Group Gift Cards: Snag a gift card to any or all of Marcie Turney and Valerie Safran’s restaurants (including the yet-to-open Jamonera!) Try not to get distracted by the other goodies on the site, from clever tees to delicious chocolates. Ok, you can get distracted.
• Lacroix Chocolat Sampler: What’s more chic than chocolate in a pretty package? Answer: chocolat (as in, the French version) in a pretty package. Enjoy Lacroix Chocolate Laboratory’s novel creations, made fresh by Chef Fredrick Ortega and his highly trained staff. Take your pick from an extensive range of sizes and seasonal flavors.
• Battleship New Jersey Holiday Wine Pack: Enjoy a bottle of Battleship Red and Battleship White Wine, and two self-guided tour tickets to the Battleship for just $35. You’ll get a delicious gift that anyone on your holiday list will enjoy, plus you’ll be helping support the ship.
• Just Dogs! Gourmet: Treat your pooch, or a friend’s, to a jar of gourmet handmade snacks.