You’ve spent the past few weeks preparing for the holidays by wrapping presents, hanging stockings and decorating the tree, so it’s time to take a break and let some of the region’s top chefs take care of your holiday meal.
Enjoy a fanciful feast at one of Philadelphia’s best restaurants and make your Christmas Eve or Christmas Day meal one to remember.
Check out a few of our top picks for holiday meals, below:
Christmas Eve: Saturday, December 24
• Fork: Enjoy the treasures of the sea with Fork’s four-course seafood menu on Christmas Eve including crispy calamari with smelts and caper sauce, Zuppa di Vongole with fennel and tomato broth and a surprise Christmas dessert. ($65 per person; optional wine pairing for $25)
• Le Virtù: Head to East Passyunk Avenue for a comforting Italian meal at Le Virtù featuring Timballo, layered crepes with pork sausuage and Torcinelli, fried anise-and-raisin dough tossed in sugar with eggnog sauce. ($65 per person)
• Village Belle: The Village Belle is celebrating Christmas Eve with a four-course meal featuring escarole soup, Patricia’s Seafood Cioppino and Buche de Noel. ($45 per person)
Christmas Day: Sunday, December 25
• Fountain Restaurant: Put on your Sunday best for a special Christmas day feast at the Fountain Restaurant and Swann Lounge at the Four Seasons. Seatings are available until 6:30 p.m. at the Swann Lounge and 7 p.m. at Fountain Restaurant. ($98 per person)
• Lacroix: Lacroix at the Rittenhouse Hotel will be serving a lavish Christmas day brunch all day long. ($75 per person)
• Meme: Chef David Katz will be preparing a Christmas goose, served family-style along with his famous buttermilk biscuits and free eggnog. ($35 per person)
• R2L: You may see Santa flying by as you enjoy a special Christmas Day Supper at R2L on the 37th floor of Two Liberty Place. The family-style meal features crab-stuffed mushroom caps, house-made ham long, prime rib and a dessert buffet. ($65 per person; $30 for children 12 and under)
• Susanna Foo: Try something new this holiday with the award-winning Asian dishes at Susanna Foo Gourmet Kitchen, open from 4–8 p.m. on Christmas Day.
Uwishunu has caught a case of Oscar Fever. With all the buzz around Silver Linings Playbook and its eight oscar nominations this Sunday, we couldn’t help but get caught up in it all. We’ve rounded up our top picks for Oscar Viewing parties on Sunday; we’ve put together a Silver Linings-themed itinerary of Philadelphia; and [...]
Teuscher Chocolates, whose Philly outpost is one of only ten in the U.S., has been declared the Best Chocolate in the World by National Geographic who, just over a year ago, gave us some dessert love by naming Capogiro the #1 ice cream spot in the world. Dolf Teuscher founded his chocolate house 70 years [...]
There’s a chill in the air, which means that the holidays are upon us. That, in turn, means that it’s time to start thinking about decorating and gifting. If you’re looking to go green — literally and figuratively — this holiday season, check out the annual Holiday Bazaar at Greensgrow Farms. The event runs two [...]
If fashion design is up your alley, you won’t want to miss this “tailor-made” event. Norman Porter, a local denim, canvas and leather company, will be demonstrating how to construct denim jeans at Art in the Age on Friday, November 2, from 6 to 8 p.m. Learn the fascinating process of denim and leather crafting [...]