Calling all tech-savvy foodies! As of this past spring, Visit Philly, Philadelphia’s Official Visitor Site and our flagship website, has its own branded page on Foodspotting, the web and mobile platform dedicated to finding and sharing good food.
With tailgate season in full swing, and temperatures starting to drop, Visit Philly is now expanding Philadelphia’s presence on Foodspotting with seven brand new guides.
The addition of seven guides means visitors to Visit Philly’s Foodspotting page now have 21 themed food and drink lists from which to choose. Here’s the dish on the recent mouth-watering additions:
• The Hoagie: Philly’s Go-to Cold Sandwich: Delicious hoagies from South Philly to the suburbs
• Classic Cocktails: Best ways to drink in Philadelphia’s Prohibition history
• Gluten-Free Philly: Great gluten-free dining options
• Hot Dog Days of Philadelphia: Haute dogs to traditionally topped ones
• Meatball Madness: Comfort food that Philly restaurants are having a ball with
• Philly’s Coffee Scene: Coffee and cappuccino and latte, oh my
• Upscale Popcorn in Philadelphia: What’s poppin’ in Philly’s popcorn world
A refresher course on how Foodspotting works: users recommend their favorite dishes and drinks by taking photos of the items and sharing them with the community via the Foodspotting website or smartphone app. They can bookmark foods they want to try, endorse their favorite foods by giving them a blue ribbon or a “nom,” gain points and expert titles, follow other users and guides and earn badges by “spotting” food items.
One of Time magazine’s “Best Websites of 2010,” Foodspotting is dedicated to helping people find and share good food. Visit Philly is taking that one step further and helping Philadelphia residents and visitors find and share the city’s own delicious food.
Check out the cocktail Foodspotting guide below; and be sure to start adding your own photos to it!